Posted on 01 December 2011.
Short and shiny seem to be the latest trend of the hippest girls in the party circuit. And, we are talking about shimmer tunic. Shimmer tunic is one of the latest trends that are making the rounds this season.
What is more is that it has come in various colors apart from the regular metallic shades. Tunics are generally without sleeves, with the length hitting up to mid thigh. It was a rage during 2010 and it has crept into this season as well. They can be worn in three different ways – dress, top and a tunic.
It generally is flattering to most body types and can easily be dressed up or dressed down. There are various types – shimmer, sequined or shine.
It is not essential that shimmer dresses or tunics should be worn only during the night. It can also be worn for lunches or for a casual ladies day out – it does depend on the occasion though. However, though shimmer dresses can be worn for formal occasions, shimmer tunics do not go with the occasion. It can be precisely because of the length, as the length of tunics is generally short.
It can be nevertheless be worn with jeans or tights. Also, when we think of shimmer the first thing that comes in mind is the elegant gold-sequined dress or perhaps the ones in metallic colors. But, as mentioned before, these days it comes in various hues and tones.
Though the trend is flattering to many body types, there are few do’s and don’t of shimmer tunic. Here are few tips.
- Since, shimmer tunics are a statement in itself, it is advisable to go easy on accessories, otherwise you might end up looking too busy. You can perhaps add little embellishments, but never over do it.
- They can also be layered over tops or under long trendy jackets. If you are conscious about your shoulders, you can wear a bolero jacket to bring in a hip look. A trendy stole looks quite chic too. However, when you team scarves and stoles with shimmer tunics, keep it simple.
- You can tuck your tunic into the pants if you prefer wearing it as a top. Nonetheless, assure that the fabric isn’t too thick to prevent it from bulging.
- Tunics look trendy with leggings or tights than jeans as it can be a little bulky. Leggings or tights give a sleek silhouette. And, if you prefer jeans pair it up with skin-fit ones.
- Tunics create the illusion of longer torsos; hence your legs can appear short. Therefore opt for pants and leggings that make your leg look longer. However, with shimmer tunics avoid wearing bottoms that are flashy. Opt for simple ones.
- Tunics can also be teamed with shorts and skirts, provided the length is longer than the tunic. And, make sure that the skirts have a slim cut.
- High heels, flats, wedges and sling backs can all look great with shimmer tunics but don’t over-do it. If you have a short stature, opt for heels to elongate your legs.
- Focus on styles that are not too tight as a tunic should flow or skim your body but not hug it. If you are big busted avoid empire waist tunics.
- Tunic should not be longer than mid- thigh. Since it has a not-so-tight flow, anything longer can make you look lost.
So what are you waiting for – take advantage of this stylish version this season.
Posted in Featured Articles, Trends
Posted on 03 October 2011.
Take a break from jackets or cardigans and pick a Shrug. Yes, this is a jacket like garment that can be used on t-shirts, gowns, tube tops, sleeveless dresses etc.
This is one such clothing that can accentuate the oomph factor of your main garments. Shrugs come in different style, lengths, fabrics and shades. If your main garment is little dull, you can heighten its look with this gorgeous piece of garment.
- Wear a bright shade shrug over a white tee and blue or black denim. This will showcase you in a very chic yet simple way.
- If you are planning for a mega hip look, then wear denim shrug over spaghetti along with a pair of skin – fit jeans.
- It is suggested to wear a crocheted shrug during the day times and a cashmere one during the evenings to bring the elegance the best way.
- Inorder to pep – up an evening party go for beaded, laced or sequined shrugs. These can brighten your look, thus leave you with a great style statement.
- Mix and match is the most sought trend these days. Hence wear a fur shrug over a silk dress or a knit shrug over a velvet top. Remember that the shrug and the main garment should be of two different fabrics.
- Inorder to bring a stylish touch to your salwaaar – kameez, instead of dupattas or shawls, use a trendy and bright shade shrug. This can break the monotony of your salwaare– kammez look.
The great advantage of shrug is that; it can be used by women of all age.
Posted in Beauty, Trends
Posted on 26 September 2011.
Skirts will always stay in fashion. We know that skirts are a girl’s anytime favourite clothing. Dressing in a short or long skirt makes a woman cute yet elegant. Experts say that skirts are any occasion clothing.
This outfit can be a great style statement despite any seasons. Here are a few ever favourite short casual skirts.
Ruffled Floral Skirts: Floral prints can bring charm to any woman. Ruffled floral skirts are made in floral material with softly ruffled tires and a side zipper. These short skirts in floral prints of pink, yellow, green etc are high on demand.
Jeans Short Skirts: These skirts are usually seen in 5 pockets along with a tonal stitching. Though these are lightweight short jeans skirts, to enhance the look they have tab button on the waist line. Sometime they come in side zippers as well. Enhancing the style they come in torn and ripped jeans material too.
Rosette Hem Short Skirt: These skirts are light weight. They usually are high waist skirt with an elastic waist and lace netting on the front. To add to the glam of the skirt they are done with lace rosettes on the hemline.
Waist Slimming Mini Skirts: Skirts that are 5 or 6 inches above the knee length are a lady’s favourite ever. These are high waist skirts made to give a slimming effect at your waistline, thus making you sexy and chic. Waist slimming skirts usually come in the shades of deep red, grey, beige etc.
Clad in that short skirt of yours and strike a style statement.
Posted in Beauty, Trends
Posted on 02 September 2011.
Tunic tops are the most sought outfit that a woman looks forward to flatter herself in. Fashionistas and shoppers say undoubtedly that tunics can go well with any body or figure types. But picking the right tunic for the right body type can make a lot of difference. As you progress reading you will find out which tunic would compliment your figure the best.
Pear – Shaped Figure: Women with pear shaped figure can look stunning in tunic style with puff sleeves. The volume on the sleeves helps to balance the shoulders and hips. Also while picking those puff sleeved tunics, try to go for an A-line cut along with an uneven hemline. Because these features will keep your hips look proportionate. If you think of accessorizing to add more glam to the tunic, include a belt a bit high over your waist.
Hour – Glass Figure: Hour – Glass figured women are blessed with well – proportioned hips and shoulders, hence it is must that they should flaunt their curves without losing the beauty. Experts say that these women should choose a basic style tunic that swathes their curves and accentuates it without hiding them. While you accessorize to add more style quotient to it, make sure to wear a broad belt that shows off your lean waist. If you are one of those women who look forward to add on to the oomph factor, experts suggest to go for slit neckline, A-line cut or V-neckline, as any of these will compliment your bust area.
Apple – Shaped Figure: Fashion fraternity says without any doubt that tunic tops are the right clothing for women with large abdomen and slim legs or thighs. Inorder to hide those unpleasant bulges, it is suggested to opt for empire waist or elastic waist tunics. When you accessorize say a big NO to belts as they will grab attention to your tummy. As you are bestowed with sexy and slim legs pair your tunics with leggings. Women with slimmer arms can slip into either a sleeveless tunic or fitted sleeves tunic.
Straight or Banana Figure: Women with straight or banana figure can wear a silk tunic to make their male like frame look curvy. Cinched waist tunics are recommended to add more shape to their body. If you want to accentuate and make your chest and hips area look attractive wear those gem stone embroidered tunics. To get those eyes at your bustline wear a pendant necklace.
Top – Heavy Figure: If you are one of those women with heavy top, it is advised to dress in tunics that help to avoid the attention from the top body figure. Experts suggest that these women should go for V- neck, low – scoop neck and other deep necklines to accentuate the beauty of their voluptuous upper – body figure.
Next when you are out on a shopping make sure that you study your figure type and head to buy some tunics.
Posted in Featured Articles, Trends