Posted on 07 January 2012.
Dressing up for special occasions can be a bit of a task when you intend to cast a spell on one and all with unique and charming attire. Our A list celebrities spend time, money and effort to strut the best stuff and win accolades for being the diva of the day.
Of late there have been many such starlets who have imbibed a great fashion sense taking inspiration from the runway, and you can certainly grab a few tips from these effortless fashionistas and for that spellbound look. One such stylish celebrity who has been getting rave reviews for her superlative fashionable attires and look is the lovely lass Sonam Kapoor. Blessed with a great body and chiselled features, the girl sure knows how to cash in on them. Here are a few of Sonam’s desirable looks that can you can try
• The Formal Fervour
Dressed in an indigo coloured fashionable fitted skirt and a same toned fluid top, she exudes an unmatched charm. The fine cuts and flattering silhouettes help accentuate the curves and the tie up belt on the top adds a feminine touch at the same time.
This pattern is best suited for a corporate look or a formal evening, women with lean frames can look great with such attire.
• The Girl Power
This colourful ensemble is a show stealer with a beautiful amalgamation of colours. The balloon styled dress draws attention to a well set derriere by and the fitted upper section of the dress adds sophistication to the look. Paired with pink pumps and an orange clutch, the colour riot only gets bigger and better
Try this look for a causal day out or even for a girl’s evening. Those who are bottom heavy should however can try an A line dress or a knee length fall to take away attention from large hips.
• Elegance Eternal
A subtle yet refined outfit, this Grecian style gown with a single shoulder is perfect to grace her tall frame and enhances the collarbone and the shoulders on display. Softer colours like peach, beige, off-white make the look soft and feminine, for a bolder look, one can opt for loud colours like maroon, olive, wine etc. The rawness of the dress is well complemented with chunky necklaces in silver and golden and mellowed with the tie up roman sandals in similar shades.
Women with a great height can look subtle yet sensual with such a dress, however, for those who are stout, it is best to opt for silhouettes that are less bulky and more fluid to avoid a display of bulges.
Posted in Celebrities
Posted on 17 October 2011.
The ramp and the print circuit have always been fascinated by the thin, anorexic looking female frames for time immemorial. So much so that the moment a girl steps into her teens, her awareness about weight related concern almost prioritises her other chores of life.
We as a world have been obsessed with the idea of a perfect 10 figure , but come to think of it, only as much as a mere 30 per cent of us are lucky to have such skinny frames and a metabolism to be envy of. What about the rest 70- per cent? Should we sulk under the bed or just be happy in our skin and appreciate and pamper our uniqueness? Well with the likes of Pamela Anderson, Kim Kardashian and ofcourse the Bollywood sultry sirens Bipasha Basu and Sushmita Sen, the trend of curvy women has set its roots quite deep for now.
Many designers and fashion brands are launching special collections for curvy women that not just increase their sex appeal but also helps flatter their curves the right way. One needs to flaunt the right attitude besides some well fitted silhouettes to grab eyeballs, remember a skimpy outfit is not the only way to do so. Check out some of these easy and quick ways to dress up like a diva irrespective of your size.
• Choose tops and blouses with a feminine touch to them, such as ruffles. Lace on the neckline or sleeves. Also with a belt string thin metallic or beaded belt or even a satin ribbon tied on to it, one can create a beautiful illusion of a thin waist.
• Stick to the darker hues as much as possible as these tend to make you look slim and hide the flab too. Colours such as cobalt blue, emerald green, girly purple and even the mud browns are hot this season, so make the most of them.
• Knee length dresses are the most appropriate garment for those who have a broader bottom. Opt for the ones in floral prints, the digital designs or just a multi coloured fusion outfit for a classy get up
• Dressing up in formals can be made delectable by adding a few pencil skirts with fitted shirts. Ensure that the sizes of the skirt and the shirt are neither too loose nor too fitted.
• Steer clear of horizontal stripes as they make you look wider and broader. Opt for stripes that are vertical or diagonal.
• When sporting denims, look for nice girly tunics in fabric like nylon and georgette that do not cling to the skin. Or else, wear a stretch tee and deck it up with a tiny shrug and a couple of accessories for a chic look.
You know your body the best and can think beyond these tips to decide what flatters it the most, so experiment, set your own trends and carry your curves with élan.
Posted in Bangalore
Posted on 15 September 2011.
It is a well-known fact that no two women have a similar body. Owing to genetical inheritance, lifestyle and habits, each one of us look different. This calls for a style check to ensure that our wardrobes are not blindly taken from other women, similarly what may be your Cinderella dress, could become a fashion disaster for another women.
It is essential to wear clothes that flatter our shape, size and skin tone. Besides the conventional pair of denims that is a saving grace for one and all, much to our surprise, skirts in different lengths and styles come close to help us look at our sartorial best.
We decided to give you some insights on skirting trends which are bound to boost your glam appeal
• Women with a broad bottom can opt for printed skirts in darker colours, ensure that the length falls below the knees to draw away attention from your behind, refrain from sporting short length skirts.
• If a small derriere is your concern, add some booty to it by balloon style and flouncy short numbers in pastels and nude shades
• Pencil skirts and A line skirts are best kept for work or other formal occasions
• Make use of embroidered Ghaghara style skirts for a cool, bohemian look
Know your body and pick and choose the right skirt to bring to light your frivolous yet sensual side.
Posted in Bangalore
Posted on 13 September 2011.
The mesmerising autumn is just the apt time to flaunt those bright coloured garments and accessories that have been peeping out from your closet. Go ahead and ditch your love for black in favour of colours like purple that is appealing to the eye and gels well with almost every skin tone.
Designers like Michelle Salin, Jatinn Kochhar used a great deal of purple to accentuate the colour scheme of their collection during the recent fashion week held in Bangalore. The most renowned denim brands have forayed into the coloured denim segment by launching shades of purple.
Ranging from apparel to accessories one can immerse into the cool tones of purple without making a faux pas. Here are some quick tips to combine purple into your sartorial sense
• Choose flirty skirts in purple with muted tones of tops and blouses for a feminine appeal
• Fill in a pair of purple denims with a sassy white shirt and a slinky purple bag for a chic look
• Invest in a couple of purple cocktail dresses for that ultimate red carpet look and complement it with diamond or pearl accessories
• Leather bags in purple from Guess or street side hobo bags in similar shades can up your style quotient instantly
• If accessories are your poison, opt for some understated belts , purple peep toes or cute ballerinas
Posted in Bangalore
Posted on 06 July 2011.
Don’t we all just DREAD packing? Unless a person is really organized then its just a cake walk. Now back to reality and to the rest of us whereby dusting the bag is the only straight forward thing you see,here’s a little guide to what’s definetely gotta come with you and what’s staying home! Having excess baggage is a total killer on your vacation ! Follow these few tips and save those BIG bucks on paying excess!
- 2 pairs of favorite jeans (preferably one blue and 1 black)
- a pair of shorts
- 6 short sleeve tshirts (that u can slide in together with the denims for a casual outing)
- tops,tube dress and 5-7 undies!
- 3 cotton daydresses
- A sweatshirt
- A night gown or sleeping shorts+tee
- 3 pairs of socks (depending on how many closed shoes taken)
- A pair of comfortable gladiators or sandals (to walk around in)
- A pair of black heeled pumps
- A scarf for those chilly night outs!
Icing on the cake
- ACCESSORIES – Take the necessary ones & neutral ones that you can wear with anything easily and don’t forget your sunglasses!!
- evening gown or cocktail dress with that oomp factor
- swim wear if going to a beach destination or room with a pool
- 2 belts( one for the jeans and one for accesorizing with your dresses)
One shouldn’t pack too much remembering the fact that you need space for your souvenirs and those goodies that you bargained for! And you are set to go! Oh yeah and don’t foget the toothbrush :p
Posted in Bangalore, Trends