After the much celebrated festive season, what are left are an expanded waistline and a grinding routine to cater to. If like many others, you also feel bogged down by an unhealthy and erratic schedule, here is a quick solution for you to beat the blues and revive your senses. Detox is just the appropriate concept that can lead to complete rejuvenation for your body and soul. Don’t panic for it does not require you to stay hungry for days and meditate for hours, these will be just a few simple tips and tricks to lead you to a healthier and happier frame.
• Steer clear from anything that is artificial, give up your favourite chocolates, confectionary, breads for as many as 7 days
• Drink a good amount of water every day to flush the toxins out. Begin by consuming a cup of warm water with lemon juice and honey to aid digestion.
• Indulge in everything that is organic. Consume chunky potions of fruits and vegetables at least thrice a day. Those who like to remain filled can also opt for fresh fruit juices; however refrain from using the canned versions as these are loaded with preservatives.
• Stir 2 tbsps. Of sea salt into 950 millilitres of warm water and drink it empty stomach to flush out matter instantly.
• Eat whole foods such as wheat and eliminate any intake of flour, and flour based preparations.
• One can also include lean protein in the form of eggs but since the purpose is to de- toxify, refrain from poultry and other non-vegetarian items for a week
• If raw food doesn’t go well with your palette, opt for steamed or blanched food, frying and baking is a complete no.
• Coffee lovers do not really need to sacrifice their intake, however use an organic brew instead of the regular instant coffee and indulge in not more than 2 cups a day.
• Stay away from alcohol and smoking as it will mar the purpose of the detoxification regime