Posted on 27 January 2012.
Fancying a peaches and cream complexion of every model that endorses a fairness cream with envy is but customary to all those zillions of women out there who have made unsuccessful attempts to lighten their skin colour and achieve the perfect radiance on their face.
Cosmetics, treatments, therapies and much more, we have tried it all and undoubtedly, it’s just a negligible difference more often than not.
Much to your surprise, the secret of a beautiful skin, is residing right there in your kitchen for nature’s bounty has all the power to offer you a glowing and attractive skin. Need to know how?
Try these simple tips by using these products or consuming them in your diet and everyone around you will see the healthy difference.
• Rub some fresh lemon juice on your face, let it dry for 10 odd minutes and wash with cold water. The bleaching agents in lemon help lighten the skin tone at least by 2 shades if applied regularly.
• Mix 2 tbsps. of orange peel (grinded) in 4 tbsp. yoghurt. Apply on your face and neck and leave to dry for 15 minutes. Rinse with cold water to feel an instant glow that is more than captivating.
• Grind some tulsi(basil) leaves and drain out the juice, mix this with 1 tbsp. lemon juice and rub gently over your face and neck. Wash after 15 minutes. Applying this solution daily will improve the complexion in 10-15 days itself.
• Include items such as oysters, eggs and milk in your daily diet since these are high on Vitamin A which protects the skin against sun damage( darkening, rash marks)
• To achieve a holistic glow on your skin , consume a good deal of Vitamin C by eating fruits such as gooseberry, oranges, strawberries and vegetables like red and green peppers that help in firming the skin.
• Fruits such as papaya, apples and pears, if eaten with their skin, help in lightening the skin complexion, so gorge on these delectable delights.
• Food such as salmon, almonds, legumes and lean meat are full of Vitamin E that nurtures the skin and delays the ageing process.
Posted in Beauty, Food / Diet
Posted on 24 November 2011.
Battling the weight battle is almost a lifetime of a journey, where in a lot of we fail to understand the nuances of the weight loss phenomena and get struck in a mirage of diet plans that only end up leaving us depressed and demotivated . Unlike the ideas propagated by weight loss programs, it is essential to understand the working of the body metabolism and the rate at which it burns calories to be able to work on it accordingly and get positive results.
Instead of starving to cut down on calories, one can judiciously cut down on those unwanted calories by consuming the right kind of food items (ones that are nutritious yet low on calories) and can also include foods or drinks that enhance and aggravate the metabolism and hence help to burn calories faster than other foods. For example, consumption of liquids can be a great booster for your weight loss program as liquids are easier to digest and have lesser calories. However drinks do not really mean indulging in chocolate laden shakes or aerated colas. Does this confuse you further? Well do not worry for we have a list of healthy liquids that if included in your diet can show miraculous results.
The most sought after and the most easily available drink that we survive on, water not only helps to prevent dehydration but ensures that the stomach remains full for a longer period of time.
Fruit juices and Smoothies
This refers to fresh juices that have high vitamin and mineral content and offer instant energy, however refrain from consuming canned versions as these are high on sugar and preservatives.
Taken at regular intervals (with negligible or no sugar), this can enhance the metabolism to a great extent
Ditch those caffeine laden tea and coffee healthier options. Herbal teas such as green tea, lemon tea, chamomile and jasmine have a soothing effect on your body and boost the process of digestion
Inclusion of milk in your daily diet is essential to provide an appropriate dose of calcium to it. A suggestion however is to opt for toned milk instead of full cream milk.
PS: Swearing by a single liquid and shunning all other food items can prove to be fatal hence it is important to regulate the content of each drink and consume/substitute them in consultation with a nutrition expert.
Posted in Bangalore
Posted on 12 October 2011.
A weekly trip to your favourite salon is a luxury that only few of us enjoy. Thanks to the stone grinding routine in our everyday lives, every minute of time off seems like a task left unfinished. This should not deter you from looking after your mane and keep it healthy and shining throughout.
To ease your hair troubles in minutes and ensure them a nutritional indulgence every week , here are some easy homemade masks that can be applied to hair.
• Yoghurt mask
Best suited for dry hair, this includes a combination of yoghurt, mayonnaise and 1 egg white. Mix the ingredients, apply them with a brush and let it stay for 30 minutes. Wash using a shampoo.
• Avocado and Banana mask
Stir together a small sized banana, 1 egg, ½ avocado, 2tbsp of honey, 2 tbsp buttermilk and 3 tbsp olive oil. Make a paste and apply it to your hair drawing from roots to the tips. Keep it on for at least 30 minutes. Rinse with a mild shampoo
• Honey and Olive oil mask
This simple and quick to make mask and lends an everlasting shine to your hair. Just combine a 5 tbsps of olive oil with 4 tbsps of honey and apply all over your hair. Keep it for 15 minutes and then rinse with a shampoo.
Posted in Bangalore, Beauty
Posted on 23 September 2011.
A peaches and cream complexion is on the wish-list of most women around and they go to great lengths to achieve the same, however most of them overlook the benefits of the ingredients available on the kitchen shelves and seek cosmetic help.
If this sounds like your story too, you may just grab a few tips hereby to soak in some natural indulgence and bask in the glory of their results
• For an oily skin, mix a few drops of lemon juice with rose water and apply on the skin, let it dry for 10 minutes and then rinse with cold water.
• Dry skin can be largely benefitted by applying a mixture of coconut milk and honey in equal parts
• Raw fruits such as papaya and tomato are excellent toners and can be rubbed on the skin
• For a homemade moisturiser, mix few drops of olive oil, jojoba oil and almond oil with 3 tablespoons of water and apply regularly
• Use a paste made of gram flour , a pinch of turmeric and rose water as a scrub daily to lighten the complexion and lend your skin an everlasting glow
Posted in Bangalore