Posted on 04 November 2011.
Winter season brings along the air of change with festivities and celebrations all around and this certainly requires you to put your best foot forward. Much like the dressing up with layers, make up can also be a lot of fun as during this season, the makeup can stay longer and won’t smudge with sweat or heat.
One can be generous with using the blush and compact along with a fuller red lip statement, however with these simple tricks, you are sure to go places and stand a league apart
• Since there is a constant need to moisturise the skin, ensure that before applying any make up, you use face cream or moisturiser liberally. This will keep the skin hydrated and help make up to last longer.
• Use silicon based foundations and stick to compact in powder form as these sync best with the cold weather conditions.
• When picking eye shadows, make sure that you pick the ones which are mousse based and not Vaseline based.
• Stick to waterproof mascara, eye liner and lip colour or else the rain may hamper your make up anytime.
• Avoid lip gloss, instead stick to a lip colour that contains beeswax to prevent lips from chapping in cold weather
• Using matte shades in bronze, copper or pastels is the perfect way to achieve an everlasting glow, however refrain from using red and pink blushers.
Posted in Bangalore, Beauty
Posted on 04 November 2011.
The international cosmetic giant L’Oreal Paris, recently unveiled its limited edition collection of cosmetics. The new range is a welcome change from the mundane cosmetic products and offers products that are a glitterati’s dream come true. With a lot of shine and shimmer, this range is sure to settle on your cosmetic desire’s top chart.
The collection has been rightly named the ‘Golden Glamour’ and includes
• Colour Appeal Mono Eye Shadow
Available in a sparkling sepia tone, this is easy to blend with any texture and lasts for as long as up to 4 hours
• Super Line 24 hours Gel Liner
Bedazzle the onlookers with this perfect mix of glam and style based liner.
• Million Lashes Mascara
Rich volumizing mascara this makes your lashes look 3 times bigger and more enchanting.
• Infallible La Rouge
The rich plum shade of this defining rouge with deepen your cheekbones, lending an illusion of fuller and better cheeks
• Resist and Shine Titanium Nail Enamel
The alluring sorbet coloured enamel that protects your nails against chipping through Ceramide R and lends and intense colour and shine to them.
This impeccable collection is rightly priced and can be picked up from any L’Oreal Paris outlet across the country.
Posted in Beauty, Featured Articles, Trends
Posted on 18 October 2011.
All the makeup loving readers would be well aware and well versed with the fact that a right touch of colour around the eyes can do wonders to any get up whether it’s for a day out or a fun laden evening. Applying the right kind of make up to complement your look is a must for any women else it can mar the get up completely.
Here’s a brief guide on how to achieve a desirable look for people with different kind of eyes and look versatile each time you step out to cast a spell with your peepers
• Hooded eyes
Those with hooded eyes need to enhance the lid as it often gets overshadowed. The right way to do so is to mix a lighter tone of shadow and apply it to the brow bone first and then spread it around the corners
• Small eyes
Women with small eyes can line the eyes with a dark shaded brow pencil to make them appear larger in size; one can even smudge it a bit and then fill the brow area using a light toned shadow such as pink, beige, light blue. This will add some drama to the eyes and make them look bigger and more beautiful.
• Big eyes
Using a light toned eye shadow to cover the corners of the eyes helps to take off the roundness and makes them appear almond shaped. Line the eyes appropriately by narrowing the liner on the corners. Mascara adds on to the length of the lashes and makes eyes look shapelier, so gorge on some of it.
A lot of personal style and taste goes into achieving the right look for any pair of eyes, take your pick from these tips, however , remember not to overdo any make up trick as it can kill the effect.
Posted in Beauty
Posted on 10 October 2011.
You have a sky soaring professional life and amidst a chaotic day your boss decides to take everyone out for a drink at this new club around the street or your better half plans a surprise dinner out and asks you to head straight from work. The first thought that comes to our minds is how we can step out in professional gear sans any makeover.
For all those ambitious women, here are a few instant tricks that can pep up your look for any do in a jiffy
• Keep a pack of wet tissues and a face wash to wipe your face for a rejuvenated glow.
• Just dab some mascara and a vibrant(green or blue) shade of eye make up for those twinkling eyes
• Dazzle like a diva by ditching your matte lip colour for a shimmer based shade in red or burnt orange.
• Throw a floral or lace decked scarf for a feminine and softer approach.
• If you love big bags, do stock a pair of heels for an instant makeover and of course some pot -porrie perfume for that enchanting spell.
These few items can be stored in your office drawer or you handbag and can be great resuce delights for last minute plans.
Posted in Bangalore
Posted on 06 July 2011.
Completely transform yourself into a divah in 10 minutes to spare! From makeup to outfit ..these are the ABC’s.
Firstly, grab your face wash, after washing the face next apply a thin layer of foundation followed by concealer, then outline your eyes with a black eye pencil, choose a shade of eye shadow, depending on what you wearing,where you going and time of the day, a lil dap of lipgloss for shine lastly apply a thin line of eyeliner followed by the queen of makeup –mascara.
Eye shadow shades :
– for the day : opt for less flashy colors like nude,pinkish ,brown etc as long as its applied minimally n dosnt have a substantial shine.
– for the evening: you can go wild with colors and shine ,mettalic eyelids also depending where you goin,if for dinner little bright don’t look over the top but sparkle does.
. To work : Pencil skirt or Pants(Depending on the availability of whats in your wardrobe) teamed up with a white shirt and a colorful neck scarf,a chunky wrist watch,stud earrings and ankle boots or black pumps and the last thing you need are your car keys and your off to work!
. For a date: You don’t want to dress up too much for it so an LBD (little black dress) will be perfect,throw some accessories around with some ruffled hair or updo is fine.
. For a party night out: For the glitz get a sequin leggings and they’l do all the blinging keep it low toned ontop though u don’t want to end up looking like a disco ball! Or go for a white vest with metallic pants with a lil jacket or a plain top with a statement belt with either a mini skirt or tights with boots! Or if you are a dress person, go for a cream fringed dress with a two tone peep toe!And don’t forget that clutch!Rock that dancefloor!
Posted in Bangalore, Beauty, Trends