Posted on 14 November 2011.
After the much celebrated festive season, what are left are an expanded waistline and a grinding routine to cater to. If like many others, you also feel bogged down by an unhealthy and erratic schedule, here is a quick solution for you to beat the blues and revive your senses. Detox is just the appropriate concept that can lead to complete rejuvenation for your body and soul. Don’t panic for it does not require you to stay hungry for days and meditate for hours, these will be just a few simple tips and tricks to lead you to a healthier and happier frame.
• Steer clear from anything that is artificial, give up your favourite chocolates, confectionary, breads for as many as 7 days
• Drink a good amount of water every day to flush the toxins out. Begin by consuming a cup of warm water with lemon juice and honey to aid digestion.
• Indulge in everything that is organic. Consume chunky potions of fruits and vegetables at least thrice a day. Those who like to remain filled can also opt for fresh fruit juices; however refrain from using the canned versions as these are loaded with preservatives.
• Stir 2 tbsps. Of sea salt into 950 millilitres of warm water and drink it empty stomach to flush out matter instantly.
• Eat whole foods such as wheat and eliminate any intake of flour, and flour based preparations.
• One can also include lean protein in the form of eggs but since the purpose is to de- toxify, refrain from poultry and other non-vegetarian items for a week
• If raw food doesn’t go well with your palette, opt for steamed or blanched food, frying and baking is a complete no.
• Coffee lovers do not really need to sacrifice their intake, however use an organic brew instead of the regular instant coffee and indulge in not more than 2 cups a day.
• Stay away from alcohol and smoking as it will mar the purpose of the detoxification regime
Posted in Bangalore
Posted on 19 October 2011.
Each one of us wishes to have that glistening pout that splashes a beautiful picture every time we smile. However the perils of the modern day lifestyle impact our lips adversely leaving them dry, cracked or chapped mostly. It is imperative to take extra care of your lips by providing them essential nutrients such as Vitamin E and moisturise them regularly to make them supple and soft.
Follow these easy tips to get those luscious lips that are everyone’s envy
- The most effortless way to keep your lips hydrated is by consuming water at regular intervals. It will help them remain moist and lubricated all the time.
- If your job involves being on the road, carry a lip balm to protect lips against harsh weather
- Applying a mixture of rose water and honey by rubbing it softly can be a great way to smoothen them.
- One can also include supplements for Vitamin B2 (on medical practitioner’s advice) if the skin is prone to chapping frequently.
- Rubbing unsalted butter, olive oil or almond oil gently can also help in calming the irritation caused by dry skin.
- When choosing the lipstick or lip gloss, check for the ingredients used and ensure they are not causing any allergy to your lips.
- Refrain from licking your lips frequently as it will dry out the lips.
Posted in Beauty
Posted on 12 October 2011.
A weekly trip to your favourite salon is a luxury that only few of us enjoy. Thanks to the stone grinding routine in our everyday lives, every minute of time off seems like a task left unfinished. This should not deter you from looking after your mane and keep it healthy and shining throughout.
To ease your hair troubles in minutes and ensure them a nutritional indulgence every week , here are some easy homemade masks that can be applied to hair.
• Yoghurt mask
Best suited for dry hair, this includes a combination of yoghurt, mayonnaise and 1 egg white. Mix the ingredients, apply them with a brush and let it stay for 30 minutes. Wash using a shampoo.
• Avocado and Banana mask
Stir together a small sized banana, 1 egg, ½ avocado, 2tbsp of honey, 2 tbsp buttermilk and 3 tbsp olive oil. Make a paste and apply it to your hair drawing from roots to the tips. Keep it on for at least 30 minutes. Rinse with a mild shampoo
• Honey and Olive oil mask
This simple and quick to make mask and lends an everlasting shine to your hair. Just combine a 5 tbsps of olive oil with 4 tbsps of honey and apply all over your hair. Keep it for 15 minutes and then rinse with a shampoo.
Posted in Bangalore, Beauty
Posted on 08 October 2011.
How often have we resisted a handshake, knowing the other person has chapped, rough or scaled hands? Well do not run your grey cells here, chapping and roughening of hand is one of the most common conditions for both men and women, more so, because in an attempt to look good, hands are often neglected, in favour of layers of makeup and a glowing.
A healthy scrubbing and moisturising routine is as integral for your hands as it is for your face. Follow these simple and easy tips for supple and beautiful hands
• Scrub gently using a vitamin e based hand wash or use a mixture of honey and lime, rub it all over the hands, let it dry for 10 minutes and rinse with cold water
• A quick 5 minute massage with sea salt can be an extremely good scrub for the hands, indulge in this at least once a week
• Whenever stepping out, ensure to apply a sunscreen with at least SPF 15
• Moisturise your hands well with a liquid moisturiser preferably and one can even apply some milk mixed with rose water to hands and rub it vigorously for soft hands
• Indulge in a home based manicure, using a pack of egg white. Work on your nails by removing cuticles and moisturise with a thick lotion to retain the softness
Posted in Bangalore
Posted on 05 October 2011.
The personal and professional priorities in our daily lives take the best of us and combatting the pressures of the existence impacts our skin adversely which is already being neglected. With no time in hand , one only resorts to make up to look brighter and happier, however we do have a list of smart quick fixes that can work wonders for your skin without covering it with layers of blusher or compact
• Quickly rub two ice cubes over your face and feel the skin revive in less than 5 minutes
• Applying soaked potato slices will wipe away the dirt and lend an instant glow to the skin
• Make a paste with a few drops of lemon juice, tomato juice and a pinch of turmeric and keep the paste on for 5 minutes. Rinse with cold water and experience your skin rejuvenate
• Mix fuller’s earth with dried curry leaves and water, apply the paste and let it dry. The afterglow will almost be astounding.
• Add camphor or few drops of lemon juice to some coconut milk and rub over the face. The coconut milk works as a toner and the lemon juice helps remove the excess oil.
With these smart solutions, bid adieu to a sagging skin and be ready to face the fetch compliments in almost no time.
Posted in Bangalore