Short and shiny seem to be the latest trend of the hippest girls in the party circuit. And, we are talking about shimmer tunic. Shimmer tunic is one of the latest trends that are making the rounds this season.
What is more is that it has come in various colors apart from the regular metallic shades. Tunics are generally without sleeves, with the length hitting up to mid thigh. It was a rage during 2010 and it has crept into this season as well. They can be worn in three different ways – dress, top and a tunic.
It generally is flattering to most body types and can easily be dressed up or dressed down. There are various types – shimmer, sequined or shine.
It is not essential that shimmer dresses or tunics should be worn only during the night. It can also be worn for lunches or for a casual ladies day out – it does depend on the occasion though. However, though shimmer dresses can be worn for formal occasions, shimmer tunics do not go with the occasion. It can be precisely because of the length, as the length of tunics is generally short.
It can be nevertheless be worn with jeans or tights. Also, when we think of shimmer the first thing that comes in mind is the elegant gold-sequined dress or perhaps the ones in metallic colors. But, as mentioned before, these days it comes in various hues and tones.
Though the trend is flattering to many body types, there are few do’s and don’t of shimmer tunic. Here are few tips.
- Since, shimmer tunics are a statement in itself, it is advisable to go easy on accessories, otherwise you might end up looking too busy. You can perhaps add little embellishments, but never over do it.
- They can also be layered over tops or under long trendy jackets. If you are conscious about your shoulders, you can wear a bolero jacket to bring in a hip look. A trendy stole looks quite chic too. However, when you team scarves and stoles with shimmer tunics, keep it simple.
- You can tuck your tunic into the pants if you prefer wearing it as a top. Nonetheless, assure that the fabric isn’t too thick to prevent it from bulging.
- Tunics look trendy with leggings or tights than jeans as it can be a little bulky. Leggings or tights give a sleek silhouette. And, if you prefer jeans pair it up with skin-fit ones.
- Tunics create the illusion of longer torsos; hence your legs can appear short. Therefore opt for pants and leggings that make your leg look longer. However, with shimmer tunics avoid wearing bottoms that are flashy. Opt for simple ones.
- Tunics can also be teamed with shorts and skirts, provided the length is longer than the tunic. And, make sure that the skirts have a slim cut.
- High heels, flats, wedges and sling backs can all look great with shimmer tunics but don’t over-do it. If you have a short stature, opt for heels to elongate your legs.
- Focus on styles that are not too tight as a tunic should flow or skim your body but not hug it. If you are big busted avoid empire waist tunics.
- Tunic should not be longer than mid- thigh. Since it has a not-so-tight flow, anything longer can make you look lost.
So what are you waiting for – take advantage of this stylish version this season.