Ladies in the age group of 30 to 40 years can’t agree more that dressing up is more like a luxury to their age group which they seldom indulge in. With bouts of pressure from the personal as well as professional domains, their underlying desire to enhance their beauty only gets restricted to an occasional family get together or the customary birthday and anniversary celebration.
Average women in all parts of the world become least attentive to their looks, style and preferences as the age dilemma grips them, unless one is a socialite or a power woman celebrity, most of the women in this age group that we come across (our mothers, sisters, wives and even friends) shift their priorities for better causes (read family and work). However as an epitome of beauty, a women only needs to realise that she need not inherit Audrey Hepburn’s look or Sharon Stone’s sex appeal to look smart, all that is needed is some instant creativity and a constant check on your style to walk tall albeit any coats of makeup and indulgent wardrobe.
To all the lovely ladies who have given their love for dressing up a miss, here are few quick ideas to set you aflutter on the fame ground.
• If a bloating tummy hinders your style appeal, invest in some fitted A line skirts that take away the extra bulges and pair these with feminine blouses with lace and ruffles.
• For those women who are conscious of their hips, minimize that derriere beneath six yards of wonder. Experiment with bold colours, printed patterns, these will enhance the curves and add to your style quotient too
• Working women can add a zing of panache to their wardrobes by adding accessories such as silk scarves, broad belts ( tie over skirts or denims), stoles to add some substance to any outfit( ethnic or western) and the latest rage, statement jewellery. Dig out those granny precious stone rings and necklaces and add grace to their attire.
• Invest in quality lingerie, keeping in mind that you primarily need well fitted pieces for work, a couple of glamorous ones for special occasions and of course the strapless versions for revealing blouses and tops.
• Heels can not only make you look taller but also lend a touch of grace and femininity to your posture, however if you refrain wearing heels for the lack of comfort, try sporting platform wedges. These are smarter options that add height and are easy to walk in too.
• When it comes to make up, just stick to basics, a good compact to cover any flaws, organic non smudge kohl for daytime and a waterproof liner for evening can do the trick. Highlight your lips with a pastel lip colour for work and bold reds and coppers for parties.
Remember, styling does not need hours of hard work or exorbitant spending, just think out of the box, get your aesthetics to work and redefine the inner you in less than no time.