Hair is subjected to wear and tear all day. Knowingly or unknowingly your hair is subjected to damage. Whether you are sitting in an air conditioned room or bathing in the sun no one is spared. You may not be able to avoid it but you can without doubt protect it. If you are like many women who suffer from hair breakage, read on these facts and tips to prevent the crisis.
Ways to avoid it:
- While combing make sure you never apply too much of pressure on your hair. On the other hand gentle brushing improves blood circulation resulting in strong and thick hair follicles – which means less hair fall.
- Brush your hair before a shower. This way you will have fewer tangles when you get out of the shower. And, you don’t have to pull or tow your wet hair which can break easier than when it’s dry
- An important aspect is use the correct shampoo and conditioner depending on your hair type. Opt for products that understand your hair. The wrong shampoo and conditioner can make your hair weak and dry which leads to hair breakage.
- Keep your hair clean at all times. Never brush them when it is wet. This causes it to break very easily. Use your fingers to gently run through your hair until it is a little dry. Otherwise make use of a wide toothed comb and gently unsnarl it.
- Instead of rubbing your hair after a shower, blot your hair dry with an absorbent towel. This avoids rubbing the hairs together which results in snapping or breaking easily.
- If you have to blow-dry your hair after a wash, allow it to dry naturally for a while. This way your hair doesn’t have to face the heat for a longer time. And never hold the dryer very close or right against your hair. The devise tends to fray the strands. However, give your hair some rest from the blow dryer from time to time. Take time to naturally dry your hair.
- While styling, instead of using curling irons and metal brushes opt for Velcro rollers. Metal gets heated up quite easily and in turn can cause mane woes, which is quite bad if you have hair falling in excess.
- Also avoid harsh treatments for your hair, particularly if you are prone to excess hair fall. Treat it gently. As far as possible stay away from perming, straightening, coloring , bleaching or blow-drying to avoid further damage. Excessive use of heat appliances and treatments are the main factors in causing the damage.
- Protect your hair from the sun by wearing a hat or a scarf. A balanced diet always keeps the hair healthy and reduces breakage of hair. It also keeps the hair strong. Have a minimum of eight glasses of water a day.