Looking after the hair can be a little strenuous during the winter season as the weather tends to become harsh and dry impacting hair adversely. It is essential to maintain a regular hair care regime to prevent hair fall, dry scalp, dandruff and other weather based conditions.
Most of us live by the norm of washing our hair every two days and applying a generous amount of conditioner to them, however it is imperative to strengthen the roots besides by providing them the essential nutrients. Here are some easy ways that can help you maintain those flowing tresses
• Applying hot hair oil (preferably coconut or olive) and massaging the scalp softly, at least twice a week is important to feed nutrients to hair and keep them moisturised naturally.
• To prevent dry hair condition, apply a nourishing hair mask, once a week. You can make a mask with banana, olive oil and yoghurt or else mix egg white, mayonnaise and avocados to a smooth paste. Apply and keep it for 20-30 minutes and rinse with water.
• Dry scalp can lead to itching and infection hence, if you witness a dry scalp, it is best to rub a mix made of lemon juice and olive oil. Leave it for 30 minutes and then wash off completely. Also avoid using hot water to rinse hair, instead opt for lukewarm water.
• Dryness can often lead to dandruff during winters. As an effective cure, rub a paste of curd and methi powder generously. Leave it in the hair for 20 minutes and then wash the hair.
• Refrain from stepping out with wet hair as it promotes hair breakage and it is also advised to wear a scarf when going out to prevent hair and scalp from coming in direct contact with dry wind.